Monday, November 4, 2013

November 4

During today's 30-minute period, Dr. Preston went over some recent posts on the course blog, and then turned the class over to us for a Socratic Seminar. Jake suggested a discusssion on "Modern Thinkers" or something relevant like that, except then some girl named Lisa hijacked the class AGAIN to talk about Random Absence Mentoring *looks around nervously*

Anyway, I was basically asking for more feedback about if there were any other classes that people thought Random Absence Mentoring could benefit. Several people had already mentioned AP Calculus AB, and today I believe Brenna suggested AP Environmental Science (and a bunch of people agreed) so I'll set up a tab here for you guys (wow, I sound like a bartender O.O)

Also, Lauren asked about the Google Calendar, which is a pretty new feature that I put up recently. It's pretty much an embeddable, collaborative calendar that anyone (at least, anyone who's been invited, I hate that extra step) can add events to. I'd love for everyone in this class to be able to add to it so it would be like the Grapevine plus the announcements we do in Mr. Nesper's class, all rolled up into one convenient format that you can access even when you're absent. I was a little hesitant to send invites at first, but I asked everyone in 3rd period if I should just invite everyone at once, and they agreed that would be the easiest way to go about it. So, I sent an invite using the Google Group's mailing list, and at the moment I'm still not sure whether it worked. If not, I'll just do it the old fashioned way.

As always, if you have any suggestions for classes that would benefit from a Random Absence Mentoring blog, or if you'd like an invite to the Google Group, the Google Calendar, or as an author here, please comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment